Friday 17 April 2009

Still Planning

Hello All.

Well windows are in and looking good, and quotes are in for the external render. I have a chap visiting on Monday to survey the render job to see if we need to do the back of the property or not. Obviously, if not, then it'll be half the price! Whoop. Still, it's going to be a couple of thousand which is a blow to the balance.

Meanwhile, Kirklees sent me the wrong form for the planning, so i have refiled for permission for the internal works. I'm not holding my breath for a speedy turn around... it seems to take an age just for the initial checking of the application - i.e. "is everything there and the form filled out? ok... we'll send a 'we have now recieved your application letter' and scratch our bums for a bit". I'm guessing there must be more to it, but it seems a tedious process.

The first bank holiday weekend in May I will be stripping the external plaster, and Pops Ward was eager to help out so I'm anticipating a fairly quick job. Fingers crossed we don't have any nasty suprises under the render!

And all the while I'm busying my mind with thoughts and plans for the summer build. I've knocked up a very qucik Gannt chart based on not an aweful lot more than guesses. Amy will move out just before bible week (i'm led to believe) so we will put our stuff in storage before then, and then after bible week move in to her room ready to spend a week or so stripping the house and getting all the horrible jobs out of the way. According to the plan this, electrics, plumbing and stud walls should be done by mid august. I'd like to think we'll have a bit mor done than that too... but I'll er on the side of caution.

here's some stuff I'm working on. Rock and Roll. Click them to see them bigger.


Gannt Chart Plan




Kitchen Layout Plan

No comments:

Post a Comment